What could be better to follow chocolates and flowers on the 14th than gumdrops on the 15th of February!
Daily Quote:“Good conversation is always the best food for the soul”~Mexican Proverb
Here are today’s five thing to know about Gumdrop:
- Gumdrops, a fruit or spice flavored sugar coated gelatin candy, usually conical in shape. Other shapes and flavors; Orange slices, Licorice Babies, and Spearmint Leaves.
- The most popular flavors are cherry, grape, orange, lemon, and spice flavors like clove, cinnamon, mint, and anise(licorice)
- It is said that Percy Trusdale invented the gumdrop in 1801.
- Originally, gumdrops were flavored with spices: orange(clove), yellow(allspice), red(cinnamon), green(spearmint), purple(anise), white(wintergreen or peppermint), and black(licorice)
- The NASA Apollo Command modules were nicknamed “Gumdrops” because of it’s conical shape.
“This Halloween, the most popular mask is the Arnold Schwarzenegger mask. And the best part? With a mouth full of candy you will sound just like him.”
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1758 Benjamin Jackson advertised mustard…
View original post 79 more words